It’s that time of year again. The ground is covered with color changing leaves, there is a crisp chill in the air, and all things pumpkin start showing up at every turn. One of the most famous fall pumpkin must haves, the Pumpkin Spice Latte. All the coffee shops have it ready to go mid September for all the pumpkin spice coffee lovers. If you aren’t able to make it out to the coffee shop every time you have a craving or you simply don’t want to pay the price to indulge, no worries, because we are going to show you how to make this right in the comfort of your own home! This recipe is SCARY good and dare we say, BETTER than the almighty Starbucks! Enjoy this Pumpkin Spice Latte with a fun Halloween twist, a whipped cream so good it will make you scream!
What You Need And Where To Find It:
- Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (Find HERE)
- Vanilla Extract
- STRONG Coffee or Espresso (we recommend Gevalia Kaffe Espresso Roast for this recipe. Find HERE.)
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Powdered Sugar
- Powdered Skim Milk (we used Milkman. Find HERE.)
- Gel Food Coloring (Find HERE)
- Halloween Sprinkles (optional. Find a fun variety HERE)
- Mixing Bowl
- Whisk and mixing utensils
- Frother ( We like our PowerLix frother because it was inexpensive and works GREAT! Find HERE)
- Hand Mixer
- Piping bags and tips if you want to get fancy (Find HERE)
- Your favorite Halloween mug (Check end of article for some fun mugs!)
Full Recipe For Pumpkin Spice Latte
For The Latte –
- 4 Tablespoons Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 Cups of Milk
- 1 Cup of STRONG Coffee or Espresso (we recommend Gevalia Kaffe Espresso Roast)
For The Halloween Whipped “Scream” –
- 2 and 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 16 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Skim Milk
- Gel Food Coloring (whatever colors you desire)
Instructions For Latte:
- In a pan on the stove, mix pumpkin puree with pumpkin pie spice over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to pan and whisk together until warm. DO NOT BOIL.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Blend the pumpkin milk with a frother until you achieve desired consistency.
- Pour frothy pumpkin milk over freshly brewed coffee.
- Sprinkle pumpkin spice on top and enjoy as is or read on further for how to make our Halloween whipped “scream”.
Instructions For Halloween Whipped “Scream”:
- Add cream, powdered sugar, powdered skim milk, and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
- Use a hand mixer to combine ingredients. Mix until thick. Should hold it’s shape when you run a spoon through it.
- Add food coloring to bowl and mix or separate into bowls and make as many colors as desired.
- Get fancy and use piping bags and tips to top lattes with whipped cream or simply spoon on top!
- Add your favorite Halloween sprinkles on top!
- ENJOY your creation!
Step By Step Video:
- This recipe serves TWO, half recipe if enjoying alone.
Don’t Have A Halloween Mug Yet? Don’t Be Frightened, Check These Out!
Pumpkin Spice Up Your Life
- Admin @ Pour My Cup
Pour My Cup May Earn A Small Affiliate Commission For Purchases Made Through Links At No Extra Cost To You.